WBPSC Syllabus 2017-18- West Bengal Public Service Commission
West Bengal Public Service Commission is the state agency authorized to conduct the civil services exam for those aspirants who are looking for the government sector jobs in Assam state. WBPSC select the eligible candidates for the different govt. job post in Assam state. The formation date of West Bengal Public Service Commission is 1st April 1937. The head office of the west Bengal public service commission is in Mudiali, Tollgunge area Kolkata. Prof. (Dr.) Subhrangsu Sekhar Chatterji in the Current Chairman of WBPSC (West Bengal Public Service Commission).
WBPSC Syllabus Of West Bengal Public Service Exam 2017-18
West Bengal Public Service Commission in the entry gate for those eligible candidates who are preparing for the govt. sec job in Assam state. So dear aspirants if you are preparing for the govt. sector in Assam than this web post will help you.
In this web post we are updating the complete syllabus for the West Bengal Public Service Exam. Make your easy note according to the syllabus. Further we will also update the some general knowledge quiz for the West Bengal Public Service Commission WBPSC exam.
WBPSC Syllabus for Preliminary Exam: Preliminary Exam Consist with Objective Type Question & Answer.
WBPSC Syllabus Main Exam: The Main Exam consist descriptive type Question & Interview.
WBPSC Syllabus for Preliminary Exam 2017-18:
The Preliminary Exam will consist of only One Paper based on General Studies. All questions will be objective Type and total numbers of marks will 200.
|Subject(Topic)||Number of Question||Number of Marks|
|Current Affairs(National & International)||25||25|
|Geography of India(Special Reference to West Bengal)||25||25|
|Indian Polity & Economy||25||25|
|Indian National Movement||25||25|
|General Mental Ability||25||25|
Note: The Preliminary Exam is a screen test only the marks obtain by the candidates will not be included in the Main Exam marks of in final Selection. Candidates should have to qualify the preliminary exam for the main exam.
WBPSC Syllabus for WBPSC Main Exam 2017-18 :
The main exam of the WBPSC consist of six compulsory papers and one optional subject (Only for those candidates applying for group A & B).Out of six papers (I) General studies-I (II) General Studies-II (III) Indian Economy, Constitution, Polity (IV)Reasoning and Arithmetic Test will be a objective type Question in OMR Sheet and rest of the two remaining papers will be conventional type written examination. i.e. Paper-I ,Paper-II
|Paper||Topic to be covered|
|Paper-I||Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali- Letter Writing, Drafting a Report, Composition and Translation of languages.|
|Paper-II||English Letter Writing, Drafting a report, Composition and Translation of languages.|
|Paper –III||General Studies- I, Indian History, Geography of India(Special Reference to West Bengal)|
|Paper-IV||General Studies-II, Science and Technology, Environment, Current Affairs, GK Quiz|
|Paper-V||The constitution of India and Indian Economy.|
|Paper-VI||Reasoning and Arithmetic Test.|
List of the Optional Subject for the Main Exam:
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Science
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Administration
Best Books for the Preparation of WBPSC Exams:
- The Best Book for General English & Objective Question is By S.P. Bakshi. For Comprehension go through the Writer K. De Sarkar.
- For Current go through Pratiyogita Darpan, Competition Success Review (CSR). News Papers, Magazines etc.
- For the Quantitative aptitude and reasoning you can take a help from books by R.S. Agarwal.
How to Prepare for WBPSC Exam:
- Set your Goal and make schedule of your study. Give an appropriate time for all topic.
- In every Exam Current Affairs Quiz must asked so for preparing this go through the news papers, magazines, make a habit of listening the news daily these will helpful to you.
- Go Through the Previous Exam Papers. There will be chances that question can repeat again.
- Make your notes, Underline some most important thing.
- Practice makes a man perfect. So do practices daily to solve the Quiz (Quantitative Aptitude etc)
- Motivate yourself for the study daily. Don’t take exam as a pressure.Make consistency in your study.
Our team member always try their best to give out you in best achievable way, however we welcome all our visitor to share their most important feedback with us. Your Feedback is most important to our team. For any Query leave your comment.